Friday, October 28, 2011

What Tebow Has Us Missing!

                                   
Now I'm sure many of you clicked the link expecting to find an opinion bashing Tim Tebow.  Frankly, I'm sick of it.  I won't be devoting too much more time to him. I'll leave that for the national media, actually i'm lying cause I will hot on his ass when he messes up like a pissed off black woman with a hot pot of grits while you sleep. With that being said how about this Cam Newton guy? 
Admittedly, I couldn't stand Cam Newton in college, the same way I couldn't stand Tim Tebow.  Not because of the hype; but because I thought he was cheating the system.  If you aren't familiar with his story, his dad admittedly tried to have schools pay up to 80K for Cam to come play there.  And Cam, supposedly, had no knowledge of this.  I would say that he is a liar, but one hell of a football player ( I said the same of Tebow in college). I would root against Cam and Tim in college equally so up until recently I felt the same way about both players.
The separation comes in their current careers in professional football. In Cam Newtons first game he threw for 422 yards on 37 pass attempts while completing 24. In Tebows first start he threw for 138 yards on 16 pass attempts only completing 8.  Now I know that stats are simply stats and they only tell part of the story.  The real story comes with the offenses these two guys run.  Cam can run a real NFL offense and Tebow has to run a hybrid college spread system.  I'm sure any football enthusiast will tell you that these two players are both dynamic, they both bring intangibles to the field, and excitement to the fans; however the predictor for their success will be that Tebow is incapable of running a real pro style offense. He can barely take snaps from under center, his ability to read a defense is elementary, and he lacks accuracy.  Cam Newton is the one of the two that will have longevity in the NFL. He can read defenses, he does throw the ball with accuracy, and he runs just as well as Tebow (if not better).
If Timmy can prove me wrong, I will be the first to say it and I wish I was wrong.  Unfortunately, I won't be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment