Monday, January 30, 2012

I'm Straight Thuggin...Internet Thuggin!!!

                                
I remember being a kid and living in a bad neighborhood with real gangs, real thugs, real drive bys and real drugs. (That was my attempt at rapping. Hope you liked it)  Looking back on it, I should have been terrified especially seeing how every thug/ and wanna be thug in the complex hated my mom cause she didn't take no mess from nobody, (she hasn't changed and takes even less now).  The funny thing though was that I wasnt.  I digress however; what has the world come to when every person with a keyboard can be a thug. 

All it takes is a facebook account, gmail account or whatever it takes to post on youtube.  We have all gotten into a digital argument with a digital tough guy and when it comes down to it they aren't as tough in person as they are when they are miles away.  You don't believe me, go on youtube and post a comment about how you dislike any video. It doesn't matter what it is, you will instantly be accosted by internet tough guys like the one pictured above.  They live their life just to start internet beef, this guy will talk so tough from behind that screen but if you were to see him in real life he would begin to apologize faster than the guy who farts while on a first date.  Social media has created an army of tough guys. I just recently got into a facebook argument with a guy who attempted to insult me.  But when it came down to it, I told him I would come to him so we can settle the problem at hand and guess what happened...no more comments. Well you know what they say..."when the going gets tough, the bitches stop commenting".

Anyway, the best story ever about digital tough guys. I will keep all characters with their real names because I'm sure some of you will know who I am talking about:

My sophomore year at college I was living with some roommates, one of which happened to be my oldest brother Russell.  I come back to the house from class for the afternoon and there was my brother and one of the roommates (Denzel) chilling watching tv talking about something that happened that day.  For the life of me I cannot remember what it was but it was important.  Russ had been texting this dude Carl over some apparent digital beef that had just occurred via text messaging.  If you don't know Denzel, then you don't know that he will instigate things just for his own amusement and this story doesn't bear an exception to this.  Denzel, in the most hilarious way, was instigating this new beef between Carl and Russ to get Russ pumped up to the point to where he wanted to fight Carl. 

Russ texts Carl and says, "you know what, we can solve this now. I'm coming to you." AND LIKE AN IDIOT CARL AGREES.  Denzel knowing the full depth of the situation is as excited as a kid on christmas morning. Russ and Carl have never seen eachother and don't know what eachother look like or anything, but Denzel does and he knows what is to come of this situation.  I assume Carl thought Russ was an average sized guy, damn he couldn't have been more wrong.  Russ is at least 6'4" and at the time he was all of 275.  Those of you who have seen him know how big he is.  Carl is all of 5'9" 180 tops.  This was going to be a blood bath. 

We (Denzel, Russ, Me) pile in Denzels car to take the 2 minute ride over to Carls.  We pull up in the parking lot  in front of Carls apartment, Denzel points out which one it is and Russ gets out the car. He knocks on the door and backs up to allow for room for Carl to gather himself before the beating is to begin.  No peep hole on these apartment doors by the way.

Carl opens the door and steps out and I think he may have had to clench his butt cheeks to keep what was left of his courage inside him.  I have never seen anyone become apologetic so fast in my life.  All of those text messages that he was sending to Russ he wished he could have back, he began to apologize in the most funny way possible.  It went something like this " nah man, I didn't even say that. What had happened was...I aint even trying to fight" Russ flinches at Carl and he almost ran back into his apartment and locked the door. 

When Denzel and I had had enough laughs to last us the entire week Russ got back in the car and we went back home laughing the entire way.  The moral of the story is don't talk trash to the wrong person. They may be more than what you bargained for. They may find out where you live and hunt you out and stomp you out just because to them it isn't just the internet. It doesn't just go away when they log out. Its real.

No comments:

Post a Comment