Friday, November 18, 2011

Crazy Mormons

                            
I know I'm not the only one who has seen these billboards pop up in their town.  I also know I'm not the only one who thinks this is weird.  I have never seen a billboard that reads "I'm a lutheran" or "I'm a Jehovahs Witness".  Something about this whole ad campaign seems like WWII Germany.  FYI if you are a Mormon you are probably going to get pissed at me during these next few paragraphs...Sorry I'm not sorry. 

What religion has to produce an ad campaign to promote their cause? I know that mainstream Christianity doesn't need ads because they are good enough self promoters but come on Mormons.  You cant be serious. Look at this billboard, (I pulled over to take this picture by the way. You're Welcome), why are they all smiling? Whats the message that this portrays? Mormons are happy? They even throw a guy in there who appears to be of middle eastern descent just to intice you some more.  This is absolutely ridiculous.  Its propaganda, similar to that of The Hitler Youth in my opinion. Thats probably too far but you get how I feel about this. 

Religion isn't like the newest burger at Wendys, which is delicious by the way. You cant just promote it using billboards with people smiling.  Religion isn't those new Nikes that fit just perfectly, its not the new couch from Sofa Mart, or even something more permanent like the new bed from Mattress King. (I should be getting paid for these name drops).  My point though is that you cant promote a religion like a product.  Any religion that does appears to be after your pockets. the same way that Wendys and Nike are. 

Religion isnt like those new Nikes that after a while get dirty and you throw them away or buy a new pair. But thats what they are promoting.  Frankly, the whole concept of what they are doing here is embarrassing

On the lighter side however, I went to the website and boy was I shocked.  It is built like an eHarmony without the fee.  The front page has these profiles on it that read like the cheesiest thing ever. The guy that pops up is BBQing and it tells how he is going green. Hilarious. 

I couldn't drive by another one of these without ranting about it.  Check out the site for your own personal enjoyment. Mormon.org


No comments:

Post a Comment