Monday, November 14, 2011

NBA Players Still Locked Out

                           

The NBAPA (players association/union) is messing up real bad.  They are making us dislike a product we already weren't in love with.  Its kind of like one of the uglier girls in school telling you that you are ugly.  You want to get mad but its more like, wait...you can't seriously be calling me ugly.  These dudes are just now decertifying after the season was supposed to start.  I feel like they are in the slow class with the dude with the helmet on.  If by some chance there is an NBA player reading this then listen up:

You guys are behind the curve, like a poorly thrown bowling ball (damn straight I just used a bowling simile).  If you guys don't hurry up and get this thing figured out I am going to be only slightly upset.  Not even pissed. The reason I won't be pissed is because I can dunk, I can dribble, and pass.  And in addition to that I can pay only 6 bucks( instead of 60+) and go to my local rec center and watch a lot of different games of basketball, as well as participate in a few. See, the leverage that you guys lack is the conmplexity of the game.  Its incredibly easy for me to get some friends together and play 5 on 5 full court basketball and have a super competittive game.  It won't involve 2 quarters that seemingly don't matter (1st and 2nd), endless substitutions, tv timeouts and no halftime show.  Most importantly it won't involve commercials filled bad acting by Dewayne Wade and Charles Barkley. 
I'm on your side though guys, but it doesn't help when you guys show up places with 200 dollar belts, 500 dollar shades, 600 dollar pants etc (see LeBron above). I want you to get your money, but the longer this thing goes the dumber you guys look.  You are just now Decertifying...What took so long?  The NFLPA did that a long time before the season was even close.  Now you guys have no leverage, and you are being taken advantage of like kids at Michael Jackson and Jerry Sandusky  kids only party.  (too soon, I don't care it happened 8 years ago). 
All I'm saying is get it together guys, because the longer this goes...the less we care. 

P.S. I will be thoroughly pissed come June and all there is to watch is baseball and playoff hockey.   

No comments:

Post a Comment